Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 3 - Killing Hypocrisy

I teach 8th grade English. 8th grade is the epitome of fashion critiquing where a single hair sticking out of place can end a life. This hectic lifestyle is not exempt for teachers. I have been told that my eye brows need waxed, my shoes are from the 80s, and my pants are lame. A cut throat environment might not be the best place to try going sans mirrors; however, the students I care for each day are part of the reason I am blogging the experience. I want them to understand that I truly believe that the inside is more important than the outside. 8th graders can smell hypocrisy a mile away. You can’t tell them not smoke if you smoke or to not judge other if you do. I want to be able to look them square in the eye and tell them that I for sure know that the outside appearance does not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment