Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 15 - My Hair is Sticking Up!

Not looking in a mirror is not a big deal if you know that you look okay, but what about when you should have checked a mirror because your hair is sticking up? I decided to make that happen oday. I showered last night but not this morning, which mean that my hair is sticking up in the back right now! I was really doing pretty well all morning with the thought that my hair is probably sticking up. I went about my day and did all of my great work with adults and kids for about half of the day...then I accidentally saw myself in the reflection of a doorway window and confirmed my hair sticking up.

Seeing my hair sticking up in back completely changed my day. I immediately wanted to go wet down my hair, or I wanted to keep holding my hair down. Ultimately, this is the crux of the experirment. Am I too hung up on my physical looks? It is easy to say I am not when I look the way I think I should, but what about when my hair sticks up all day? It has taken some work, but I am focused on doing great things again and not worried about my hair. Do I need to make sure that my hair is messed up every day so that I can lose that idea of worrying about looks? It is so ingrained to my psyche. I say that looks don't matter, and I believe that my ideas and beliefs are bigger than my physical being, but it is hard to live that out in the real world.

I hope that through this experiment I will be able to show others the true difficulty of presenting the idea of looks are not the important thing, and that it is inside that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment