Saturday, February 4, 2012

PreFast Preparation

I have often fasted food, but I have never fasted mirrors, so I thought I should practice. I am a little geeky in that regard. I found out that the temptation to look in a mirror was not great, but one could easily find themselves accidentally looking in a mirror because it is so routine and mirrors are everywhere. I found that I am in front of a mirror when I brush my teeth, floss, or shave. When I use the half bathroom downstairs, there is a mirror you can’t help but look in. While I am driving to work, I found my self looking in the rear view mirror—just to see what I look like before I head in to work. Then at work, I used the restroom and was bombarded again with mirrors. At the end of the day, I see all of the same mirrors from my dresser to the restroom.  I think the hardest thing about not looking in mirrors is going to be accidentally running into myself face to face. I don’t consider myself vain, but I do apparently look in a lot of mirrors everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment